Wednesday, May 15, 2024

scene 34

Previous

EXT. HUNTER'S DRIVEWAY - NIGHT

Starry sky. Garage door open, light on. Chloe and Tom stand and watch Hunter leaning in to Jackie at the wheel of her car on the street, headlights aimed in the direction she'd come from, engine running.

HUNTER: Call me when you get home?

JACKIE: Will do.

They kiss, Jackie drives away, waves at Tom and Chloe who wave back. Hunter walks to them, looks to the sky.

HUNTER: Got a few stars out tonight. 

Chloe and Tom look up in time to see the meteor streak its arc and disappear.

CHLOE: Whoa! Great timing, dad.

TOM: Well how 'bout that?

Tom closes his eyes.

HUNTER: That was cool. 

Tom opens his eyes.

CHLOE: Did you make a wish?

TOM: Matter a fact I did. You?

Chloe closes her eyes briefly, opens them.

CHLOE: Just now.

A lull.

HUNTER: So I'm thinking maybe a movie and popcorn?

CHLOE: In.

HUNTER: Tom?

TOM: Well, I'd love to but the truth a the matter is I'm a little tuckered and I know I'd just fall asleep on y'all. I'm thinkin' I'll call Wanda and Ruth and catch 'em up 'cause I know they're eager to hear about the day, then shower and get on to bed. Sorry to be party pooper.

HUNTER: No apology necessary, Tom.

He leads them to the garage.

CHLOE: And today was a wonderful party.

TOM: And a day I ain't ever gonna forget.

HUNTER: Neither will we.  And plenty of pictures to jog the memories. And speaking of forget, before I do, I'm hoping you can tell me a little bit about a photograph I have in my possession. A photograph you're in.

They enter garage. The garage door closes.


INT. GARAGE

TOM: A photograph I'm in.

HUNTER: Yessir. I'll show you.

Hunter opens the door to the house, Chloe enters followed by Tom, removing his hat. Hunter enters house, closes door behind him.

No comments:

Post a Comment